Kidnapped & Catriona by Robert Louis Stevenson
Produced for the British Linen Bank in 1996 to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the founding of the bank. Designed by Tayburn Corporate in the style of the first edition. The British Linen Company was mentioned in each of the original books.
In Kidnapped (1886) Stevenson examined some of the extreme and contrary currents of Scotland’s past, often projecting a dualism of both personality and belief. This dualism is most famous in Kidnapped, whose two central characters are David Balfour, a Lowland Whig, and Alan Breck Stewart, a Highland Jacobite. The novel revolves around their friendship and their differences, suggesting a metaphor for Scotland itself. Stevenson wrote the sequel Catriona with the title David Balfour, but during serialisation in England the public became confused, thinking it might be a reprint of Kidnapped. At publisher Cassell’s request, the title was changed to Catriona, after Balfour’s daughter.
- Publisher The British Linen Bank Ltd., Edinburgh; 1996
- Blue Cloth Leather Hardback, 214, 259pp
- Size 230 x 150mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Near Fine – Very Slight Marks To Covers, No Inscriptions, Superb Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.