Cameos from English History by Charlotte M Yonge
Charlotte Mary Yonge (1823 – 1901) was an English novelist who dedicated her talents as a writer to the service of the church. Her books helped to spread the influence of the Oxford Movement, which sought to bring about a return of the Church of England to the High Church ideals of the late 17th century. Her first success came with The Heir of Redclyffe (1853), whose hero made goodness attractive and romantic. She also edited a magazine for girls, The Monthly Packet, for which she wrote historical cameos, and composed religious tracts. Her best work has a vitality that saves it from being propagandist. These cameos were later published in book form, complete in seven volumes.
- First Series From Rollo to Edward II, 1893 Seventh Reprint
- Second Series The Wars in France, 1893 Sixth Reprint
- Third Series The Wars Of The Roses, 1894 Third Reprint
- Fourth Series Reformation Times, 1895 Second Reprint
- Fifth Series England and Spain, 1883 First Edition
- Sixth Series Forty Years of Stewart Rule, 1887 First Edition
- Seventh Series The Rebellion and Restoration, 1890 First Edition
- Publisher Macmillan & Co., London; 1893
- Brown Cloth Hardback, xi, 385, ; xi,415, ; xi, 412; xi, 387, ; viii, 419, ; viii, 400, ; viii, 341,  pp
- Size 175 x 125mm, 3.5kg
Condition: Very Good – Slight Spotting To Page Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.