Beyond The Capes by Ernest Dodge
Pacific Exploration from Captain Cook to the Challenger 1776-1877. Preface by the author, list of illustrations, bibliography, chronological table of Pacific voyages and index. Map illustrated endpapers, showing central Pacific between the 30th parallels.
Beyond the Cape of Good Hope to the east and Cape Horn to the west lies the vast ocean world of the Pacific. Magellan was the first Westerner to venture in these waters. Three centuries later, Captain James Cook seemingly bought the great age of Pacific exploration to a close. Yet the history of Pacific exploration did not end with Cook. During the Hundred years following his death, the Pacific was the setting for countless new voyages of exploration – expeditions that resulted in major geographical discoveries, in the charting of tens of thousands of miles of coastline, and in the collection of scientific and cultural date of utmost importance. Beyond the Capes is the story of this forgotten century, the dramatic chronicle of the intrepid men who filled the broad Pacific canvas left by Captain Cook.
- Publisher Victor Gollancz Ltd., London; 1971
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 429 pp
- Black & white illustrations and colour frontispiece
- Size 235 x 155mm, 1.1kg
- ISBN 0 57501322 2
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.