Journals of the Western Isles by Johnson & Boswell
The year was 1773, Samuel Johnson was sixty-three and James Boswell was thirty-two years old. The journey was almost too late, because the war of 1745 was the beginning of the end of ancient Scotland, and the processes of change in the Highlands were already gathering speed.
A Journey to the Western Isles of Scotland by Samuel Johnson
A Journal of a Tour in the Hebrides by James Boswell
- Folio Society First Edition No. 660
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1990
- Green Cloth Hardback, 412 pp
- Portraits and hand-coloured aquatints by William Daniell.
- Size 250 x 160mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund