An Embassy To China by Lord Macartney
Being the Journal kept by Lord Macartney during his Embassy to the Emperor Ch'ien-lung 1793-1794. The book is illustrated with printing with the text of 111 colour reproductions of the original watercolours and sketches made during the Embassy by William Alexander. The book is edited by Jonathan Spence.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1191
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2004
- Quarter Green Cloth Hardback, 314 pp
- Water colour sketches by William Alexander.
- Size 260 x 190mm, 1.7kg
Condition: Fine â€“ Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website