Thomas Becket by Frank Barlow
12th century England with King Henry II on the throne, the Merchants son, rises to become Lord Chancellor and Archbishop. His works and disputes and his tragic death, all told with frankness and easily read. He is venerated as a saint and martyr by both the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion. He engaged in conflict with Henry II, King of England, over the rights and privileges of the Church and was murdered by followers of the king in Canterbury Cathedral. Soon after his death, he was canonised by Pope Alexander III.
- Folio Society First Impression No.1110
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2002
- Purple Cloth Hardback, 366 pp
- With medieval manuscripts, architecture, maps and plans
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.