Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
Folio Society edition of all four Gulliver’s travels. Travels Into Several Remote Nations of The World. I. A Voyage to Lilliput; II. A Voyage to Brobdingnag; III. A Voyage to Laputa etc.; IV. A Voyage to The Country of the Houyhnhnms. This is a satire on the pride and folly of the human race. Lemuel Gulliver, a ship’s surgeon, is stranded on the island of Liliput, where he is taken prisoner by six-inch tall inhabitants. Then he goes to Brobdingag, a kingdom of giants. Setting out again, Gulliver’s ship is attacked by pirates, and he is marooned close to a desolate rocky island near India. He is rescued by the flying island of Laputa, a kingdom devoted to the arts of music, mathematics, and astronomy but unable to use them for practical ends. Rather than use armies, Laputa has a custom of throwing rocks down at rebellious cities on the ground. He continues to Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib and Japan. Shortly afterwards, he meets the Houyhnhnms, a race of talking horses. They are the rulers while the deformed creatures that resemble human beings are called Yahoos.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 205
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1965
- Quarter Green Cloth With Printed Paper Sides Hardback, 262 pp
- Lithographs by Edward Bawden from the 1726 & 1735 issue, plus maps.
- Size 225 x 150mm, 950g
Condition: Very Good – Slight Fading To Spine, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.