The History of Henry Esmond Esq by William Makepeace Thackeray
Rarely seen copy of this title. Orphaned in the England of the later Stuarts, Henry Esmond is raised by his aristocratic, Jacobite relatives the Castlewoods. As a young man he falls in love with both Lady Castlewood and Beatrix, her beautiful, headstrong daughter, and is inspired to join the ultimately unsuccessful campaign to reinstate James Stuart to the throne. The book is written in the form of memoirs of Henry Esmond who was an settler of Virginia in the early 1700's.
- 2 volumes bound in one book;
- Publisher The Blackfriars Publishing Co. Ltd., London; Undated ca.1895
- Printed by The Colonial Press, Boston USA
- Burgundy Cloth Hardback with Gilt Page Tops, xiii,,Volume I, Books I & II; 415pp, Volume II Book III 210pp pp
- With 9 b/w illustrations
- Size 190 x 130mm, 850g
Condition: Very Good – Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund