Empires of Early Latin America
Three volumes in individual slipcases; The Maya by Norman Hammond, The Aztecs and The Incas by Nigel Davies.
The Maya was first published in the USA, in 1982, by Rutgers University Press under the title Ancient Maya Civilization. A second edition was published in 1988. This specific edition follows the text of the 1994 reprinting, with further minor emendments and a new introduction by the author.
The Incas was first published in the USA in 1995 by the University Press of Colorado. This specific edition follows the text of the first edition with minor emendations and the addition of a new section. “The Ancient Pre-Inca Kingdoms” comprising the first five chapters of Nigel Davies’s “The Ancient Kingdoms of Peru” (first published in Great Britain in 1997 by Penguin Books.)
The Aztecs was first published in Great Britain, in 1973 by Macmillan under the title “The Aztecs: A History”. This specific edition follows the text of the first edition with minor emendations. Extracts from “The Bernard Diaz Chronicles” translated and edited by Albert Idell.
- The Maya, Folio Society Fifth Printing No. 1045.5, London; 2004
- The Aztecs, Folio Society Third Printing No. 1045.7, London; 2002
- The Incas, Folio Society Fourth Printing No. 1045.3, London; 2003
- Gilt Blocked Hardback, 297, 375, 389pp
- Superbly Illustrated in Full Colour
- Size 260 x 180 x 120mm, 4kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund