World Railways of the Nineteenth Century by Jim Harter
Invites readers to experience an unparalleled glimpse into the world of nineteenth-century railroading. To complement the extensive text drawn from primary sources as well as popular and scholarly railway literature of the period, Jim Harter has carefully selected more than 360 plates of rare engravings from 91 different publications — predominantly American, British, French, and German. Technical topics cover the development of steam locomotion; gauge controversies; passenger and freight service; military railways; mass transit systems; street railways; cable, compressed air, and electrical traction; and train wrecks. With its gallery of striking and unfamiliar images coupled with historical text, this volume will delight railroad enthusiasts, historians, world travellers, and students of Victorian technical achievement.
- Publisher John Hopkins University Press, London; 2005
- Grey Cloth Hardback, 550 pp
- Full of Superb B/W Victorian Engravings
- Size 335 x 250mm, 3.6kg
- ISBN 0-8018-8089-0
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.