The Testimony Of The Spade by Geoffrey Bibby
Archaeological study of pre-historic Europe. Divided into four sections: The Antiquity of Man; The Retreat of the Ice; The Opening-Up of Europe; On the Fringe of the Great Empires. The story of man in the northern half of Europe from life during and before the ice ages, hunting as ice retreated, arrival of farming colonists, and the subsequent history of these farmers. The first complete story, in the light of startling discoveries, of the slow spread of a succession of "barbarian" tribes north of the Alps, showing prehistory turning into history in the heartland of Europe.
- Publisher Readers Union, William Collins, London; 1959
- Black Cloth Hardback, 448 pp
- With 32 pages of plates
- Size 230 x 150mm, 950g
Condition: Very Good – Light Rubbing To Edges of DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Clean Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund