The Duke’s Children by Anthony Trollope
The Duke’s Children is the last of Trollope’s six Palliser novels and concludes the story of Plantagenet Palliser, former Prime Minister and latterly Duke of Omnium. Lady Glencora is dead and the Duke, widowed and grieving, is left with the responsibility of three difficult children. His sons are sent down from university in disgrace and the Duke is further dismayed when his daughter Lady Mary and his eldest son Silverbridge both propose to marry out of the English nobility. One by one the Duke’s dearest wishes are thwarted, yet at the same time he discovers how parents can learn from their children, and is rescued from his own inflexible pride and snobbery by the strength of his private affections.
- Folio Society Trollope First Impression No. 700
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1991
- Series Binding Hardback, 565 pp
- Illustrations by Llewellyn Thomas.
- Size 225 x 150mm, 1.4g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website