The Complete Plays (Jubilee Set) William Shakespeare 8 volumes Plus Two Bonus Items
The superb seventh printing of the Jubilee Set, complete 8 volume set in two slip cases – set in Baskerville by Oxford University Press – printed at the Bath press on Caxton wove paper and bound by them in Oxford Library Buckram.A revised edition of the 1988 issue with corrections. Some of the frontispiece engravings have been reprinted, while others have been redesigned. Issued in two
four-volume red titled slip-cases. The paper sides are illustrated with designs by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Tragedies: Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, Macbeth.
- Tragicomedies: Romeo and Juliet, The Merchant of Venice, Troilus and Cressida, Measure for Measure, Two Noble Kinsmen.
- Comedies: The Merry Wives of Windsor, Much Ado About Nothing, As You Like It, Twelfth Night, All s Well That Ends Well.
- Early Comedies: Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Taming of the Shrew, The Comedy of Errors, Love s Labour s Lost, A Midsummer Night s Dream.
- Classical Plays: Titus Andronicus, Julius Caesar, Timon of Athens, Antony and Cleopatra, Coriolanus.
- Histories I: King John, Richard II, Henry IV Part One, Henry IV Part Two, Henry V.
- Histories II: Henry VI, Part One, Henry VI Part Two, Henry VI Part Three, Richard III.
- Romances: Pericles, The Winter’s Tale, Cymbeline, The Tempest, Henry VIII.
Bonus Item 1… Shakespeare’s Sonnets: A collection of 154 sonnets accredited to William Shakespeare which cover themes such as the passage of time, love, beauty and mortality. The first 126 sonnets are addressed to a young man; the last 28 to a woman. “A Lover’s Complaint” is a narrative poem published as an appendix to the original edition of Shakespeare’s Sonnets.
Bonus Item 2… Shakespeare’s Life and World: Compiled and introduced by Katherine Duncan-Jones. The compiler has mingled “passages from Shakespeare’s own works with a wide variety of other material” in an “attempt to suggest the richness and diversity of Shakespeare’s worlds, worlds which were full of exuberance and mirth, yet also fragile and hazardous”. Biography of the life and times of Shakespeare, a wonderful evocation of the Elizabethan period.
- Folio Society Seventh Printing No. 891
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2007
- Quarter Bonded Red Leather Hardback
- Superbly Illustrated throughout
- Size 240 x 150mm, 11.5kg
Condition: Fine – Two Fine Slipcases, No Inscriptions, Superb Fine Set
If you require any further information please email me.
5 GOOD REASONS TO BID NOW !!!
- UK Postage Included In Price, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”