The Source of the Nile by Richard Burton
The Source of the Nile. The Lake Regions of Central Africa. A Picture of Exploration. Folio Society edition of Burton’s account of his exploration of the lakes of central Africa and his search, as the first white european to do so, for the source of the Nile. “This remains Burton’s best and, in a field of writing of remarkably high standard, one of the best explorer’s journals ever written, for it deals not only with matters of geography and ethnography, but with a complex and potentially explosive human relationship.”
- Folio Society First Impression No. 766
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1993
- Brown Cloth Hardback, 604 pp
- Illustrated plates from the first edition of 1860
- Size 250 x 170mm, 2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.