Memoirs of Prince Alexy Haimatoff by Thomas Jefferson Hogg
This romance by Shelley’s friend and biographer is a literary find of rare interest. Shelley himself, in his original review (included in this edition) described the book as a “strange and powerful performance . . . affording inexhaustible food for wonder and delight”. The hero travels from Europe to Constantinople, where, after an Arabian Nights’ adventure in the Seraglio, lie buys a Circassian slave to whom he becomes passionately devoted: after her tragic death he returns to Germany where he is initiated into the mysteries of the Eleutheri: finally he comes to England, falls in love, and marries.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 45
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1952
- Quarter Green Cloth with Marbled Paper Boards Hardback, 156 pp
- Wood-engravings by Douglas Percy Bliss.
- Size 225 x 135mm, 550g
Condition: Very Good – Slipcase Has Slight Edgewear Now In Protective Sleeve, Slight Spotting To Page Edges, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.