Medieval People by Eileen Power
We are familiar with the kings and queens, the famous scholars and priests, but what of the ordinary people of medieval Europe? Eileen Power was one of the first historians to delve into contemporary documents and discover what life in the Middle Ages was really like.
Medieval People depicts six individuals of varying wealth and status, including a successful English wool merchant, the fifteen year old wife of a member of the Parisian bourgeoisie and a Frankish peasant at the time of Charlemagne. Each of her subjects is brought to life by Power’s keen eye for detail and distinctive narrative voice.
- Folio Society Second Printing No. 988
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2000
- Blocked and Printed Parchment Hardback, 253 pp
- Superbly Illustrated in Full Colour Throughout
- Size 230 x 160mm, 950g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
There are no reviews yet.