Historical Thesaurus of the Oxford English Dictionary
The Historical Thesaurus of the OED is a unique resource charting the semantic development of the huge and varied vocabulary of English. It is the first comprehensive historical thesaurus ever produced for any language, and contains almost every word in English from Old English to the present day.
With 800,000 words and meanings, in 235,000 entry categories, the thesaurus offers a complete sense inventory for English—from Old English to the present day, based on the second edition of the OED and A Thesaurus of Old English.
Now part of the OED Online, the Historical Thesaurus allows readers to discover synonyms for individual words in the OED (and then trace their development over time), and to chart the linguistic progress of a chosen object, concept, or expression, with links to the OED definition of each new word.
The Historical Thesaurus of the OED was conceived and compiled by the English Language Department of the University of Glasgow. The following guides, written by members of its editorial team, explain different aspects of the thesaurus.
- Publisher Oxford University Press, New York 2009
- Hardback Blue Cloth with Gold Blocking, 3952 pp
- Foreword by Randolph Quirk, Including Fold Out Leaflet Explaining How to Use the Books
- Size 295mm x 230mm, 6.7kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.