Feuds, Forays and Rebellions History of The Highland Clans 1475-1625 by John L. Roberts
A history of the Highland Clans over the hundred and fifty years after the MacDonalds, Lords of the Isles, forfeited the Earldom of Ross in 1475. It describes the fragmentation of Clan Donald and its vassal kindreds as they resisted the impact of central authority, by James IV and his successors. Only by service to the Crown did the other leading families in the Highlands and Western Isles flourish and prosper until James VI of Scotland imposed a peace of sorts after the Union of the Crowns in 1603. Key Features: *Clear but comprehensive account of a complex period in Highland history *Charts the fortunes of all the major Highland clans *Sufficiently detailed and authoritative to be used as a valuable reference book *
This book is from my recently purchased Gilmore Collection containing many superb books on Scottish History, Topography and Culture. Please email email@example.com for a full catalogue.
- Publisher Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh; 1999
- Paperback; 240pp
- With Clan Map and Genealogical Tables
- Size 230 x 150mm, 700g
- ISBN 0 7486 6244 8
Condition: Very Good –Uncreased Spine, Owners Bookplate, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund