David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Issued to commemorate the 200th anniversary of Dickens birth.
Dickens’s heavily autobiographical novel describing a young man’s rise in the world is a classic coming-of-age story. David Copperfield, the narrator, is orphaned at a tender age and raised first by his brutal stepfather (who halts his schooling and sends him to work in a factory–as did Dickens’s own father), then by a kindly aunt. He trains for a career in law, but eventually becomes a writer. An ill-advised marriage brings him considerable unhappiness, but not long after his wife’s death he is reunited with his childhood sweetheart. A sprawling portrait of life in Victorian England, David Copperfield is perhaps Dickens’s most popular work, and it contains many of the characters, Mr. Micawber, Uriah Heep, Betsey Trotwood, Steerforth, and Little Emily, who gave Dickens his reputation as the finest literary portraitist of his age.
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2004
- Blue Quarter Bound Buckram Hardback, 871 pp
- With the original illustrations by Phiz
- Size 270 x 180mm, 2.2kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.