Black Sea by Neal Ascherson
The superb Folio Society Edition of Neal Ascherson’s history of the Black Sea. First published in 1995, this edition is based on the text of the 2007 edition with a revised and updated Foreword by the author. ‘Like the terminal moraine of a glacier, the Black Sea shore is a place where the detritus of human migrations and invasions has been deposited for more than four thousand years’. Ascherson combines a personal narrative with a historian’s insight, in a lyrical and philosophical examination of the place where ‘civilisation’ met ‘barbarism’; trader encountered nomad, and different worlds collided. He ends this thoughtful book with the physical state of the Black Sea- the beluga, anchovy, sturgeon and dolphins, which once abounded, have fallen to record lows. It may be the ecological story, and not the human, which proves the final tragedy.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2011
- Black Cloth Hardback, pp
- Colour and black & white illustrations.
- Size 250 x 165mm, 1.1kg
Condition: Brand New- Still In Original Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.