Battles Of The ’45 by Katherine Tomasson & Francis Buist
A definitive account of the last battles to be fought on British soil. The three battles fought in the rebellion of 1745/6 culminated in the battle of Culloden in April 1746, and the end of Prince Charles Edward's (Bonnie Prince Charlie's) hopes of regaining the throne. The book does not cover the whole rebellion but only the three battles: Prestonpans, Falkirk & Culloden, and the lead up to them.
This book is from my recently purchased Gilmore Collection containing many superb books on Scottish History, Topography and Culture. Please email me for a full catalogue.
- Publisher B T Batsford Ltd., London; 1962
- Blue Cloth Hardback; 216pp
- With 36 b/w illustrations and plans for each battle
- Size 225 x 155mm, 850g
Condition: Very Good Unclipped Dust Jacket, Owners Bookplate, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund