Art and Illusion by E H Gombrich
A study in the psychology of pictorial representation. An attempt to explain rationally the shifting styles of art, from antiquity to the present, employing modern concepts of visual perception, information theory, and learning. Contents: Preface; List of Illustrations; Part One: The Limits of Likeness; Part Two: Function and Form; Part Three: The Beholder’s Share; Part Four: Invention and Discovery; Retrospect; Notes; Index.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1036
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2000
- Decorated Black Cloth Hardback, 386 pp
- Illustrations by Gombrich.
- Size 250 x 180mm, 1.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.