A Summer In Lochaber by Catriona Fforde
The history of the first of the Jacobite Risings – not the 1715 rebellion but that of the summer of 1689. An army of Gaels – Lochiel, Glengarry, Sir Donald of Sleat, MacLean of Duart and others – rallied for the cause in Lochaber under the leadership of "Bonnie Dundee". The clansmen had lost none of their fighting skills and, reviving Montrose's brilliant Highland Charge, they achieved signal victory at Killiecrankie. Although it cost him his life, the memory of the charismatic Dundee and that famous battle is celebrated yet in memory and song. Catriona Fforde had recourse to contemporary sources – letters, memoirs and, in particular, poetry in Latin, Scots and Gaelic, and uses them to give a full account of the leaders and their clansmen and how and why they marched to Killiecrankie.
- Signed First Edition with Authors Inscription
- Publisher, House Of Lochar London; 2002
- Hardback, 174 pp
- Size 242 x 160 mm, 750g
- ISBN 1-899863-84-2
Condition: Very Good – Unclipped Dust Jacket, Very Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust"