War And Society In Revolutionary Europe 1770-1870 by Geoffrey Best
A study of the impact of the French Revolutionary wars and the Napoleonic Wars and the early European wars and how they impacted on Society in Europe, Armed force was used to make and prevent revolution in modern Europe, and as it spread it came to determine the affairs and fates of all the European nations. Beginning with the eve of the French Revolution, Geoffrey Best explains in lively detail the vast armed forces and militarized societies of the Napoleonic age. He then proceeds to analyse the contest between Europe's continuing revolutionary underground and the armies of reactionary and alien governments that culminated with the revolutions and wars of national liberation of 1848-66. Under the banners of Napoleon Bonaparte and other warrior heroes of the epoch, a military stamp was set on the European mind, the consequences of which Best critically assesses&
- First Edition
- Publisher, Leicester University Press; 1982
- Hardback, 336 pp
- Size 223 x 141 mm, 700g
- ISBN 0-7185-1226-X
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund