Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Twelfth Night, or What You Will is a comic masterpiece. In the first of a new Folio series, Shakespeare’s most popular comedy is presented in a lavish edition illustrated by the Balbusso twins. Exquisitely bound and sensitively typeset, this edition is a celebration of a timeless work.
In Tudor times, twelfth night was the feast of ‘misrule’ marking the end of Christmas festivities, where the natural order was often turned topsy-turvy. Shakespeare’s plot includes a servant seeking to marry his mistress, women dressed as men and attendant confusions and mistakes – all favourite examples which hark back to the Roman feast of Saturnalia. Shakespeare may well have written the play for a court entertainment performed in 1601 (finding his Duke’s name from the Duke Orsini who had visited court that year). Many commentators believe that his portrait of the killjoy Malvolio was intended to poke fun at the Puritans who disapproved of twelfth night festivities – and indeed of the theatre itself. (Folio Society)
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2016
- Bound in blocked buckram with a printed paper label, 92 pp
- Illustrated by Anna and Elena Balbusso
- Size 350 x 240mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.