Trilby by George du Maurier
Number 2 of only three Folio Society books published in it’s first year. Wildly popular novel of Bohemian Paris, one of the most popular novels of the 1890s. There were Trilby parties where extracts of the book were read aloud; there were Trilby fashions inspired by “la vie boheme.” Trilby forever altered the public perception of hypnotism with its strikingly original creation of Svengali, one of the most memorable Victorian characters of all time (who also served as the role model for Gaston Leroux’s Phantom of the Opera, written fifteen years later).
- Folio Society First Impression No. 2
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1947
- Quarter Red Buckram with Grey Printed Paper Boards Hardback, 275 pp
- Illustrated with six of the author’s pencil studies
- Size 250 x 180mm, 1kg
Condition: Very Good – Good DJ with Slight Edgewear, DJ In Protective Sleeve, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.