Travels In West Africa by Mary H Kingsley
First published in 1897, Travels in West Africa was an immediate success. Mary Kinglsey had intended to return to West Africa as soon as she had seen the work through the press, but found herself drawn into much correspondence with eminent people and her opinions were widely sought. She did return to Africa where she died at the age of 38 in June 1900 after tending the sick during an outbreak of typhoid and dysentry. The book has an introduction written by Elspeth Huxley.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 405
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1976
- Printed White Cloth Hardback, 276 pp
- Contemporary or near contemporary photographs
- Size 250 x 150mm, 1.1kg
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Wear To Slipcase, Book Is A Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund