Tommy 1914 -1918 by Richard Holmes
The British Soldier in First World War on the Western Front 1914 -1918. The army that fought the First World War was perhaps the greatest collective endeavour that Britain has ever seen. Five million men were mobilised – regular army, volunteers and conscripts – from all walks of life. Bank clerks, tram drivers, mill workers and farmers were transformed into gunners, signallers, army cooks and tank drivers.
Richard Holmes, celebrated military historian and ex-soldier, focuses this authoritative work on the ordinary soldier – the ‘Tommy’ – who fought on the Western Front. Widely considered a landmark study, this edition is illustrated with a wealth of ephemera and newly researched photography.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2016
- Brown Buckram Hardback, 784 pp
- Frontispieces and 48 pages of b/w photogtaphs and integrated illustrations
- Size 255 x 180mm, 2.9kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.