Three Epic World War II Stories by Paul Brickhill
The Dam Busters 2015 – The story of the ‘dam busters’ remains one of the classics of Second World War literature, and is the subject of a highly successful 1954 film of the same name. As Marshal of the RAF, Lord Tedder wrote in his original foreword, ‘The story which is told in this book cannot but make its readers feel humble in the face of such devotion, such self-sacrifice, and such courage.’
The Great Escape 2016 – In 1943, 600 disparate Allied POWs in the notorious Stalag Luft III prison camp plotted an escape unprecedented in its scale and daring. Led by the formidable Squadron Leader Roger Bushell – or ‘Big X’ as he was known on the escape committee – the plan involved the digging of three tunnels (‘Tom’, ‘Dick’ and ‘Harry’) and the disposal of over 100 tonnes of yellow sand, all under the noses of the German ‘ferrets’, or guards.
Reach For The Sky 2017 – The inspirational life-story of Douglas Bader, double amputee and Second World War fighter ace – who repeatedly refused to give up in the face of overwhelming odds. This edition features an afterword by Douglas Bader and contemporary photographs.
- Folio Society First Impressions
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2015, 2016, 2017
- Hardback, 280, 248, 376 pp
- Frontispiece and 16 pages of black & white plates
- Size 245 x 165mm, 3kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wraps
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.