The Zimmermann Telegram by Barbara Tuchman
Seldom has a single piece of paper had such far-reaching outcomes as the Zimmermann telegram, sent from Germany to Mexico in 1917 at the time when submarine warfare was the hot issue. The message was an offer by Germany to restore to Mexico the lands in the Southwest U.S. if Mexico would support Germany by attacking the U.S. A month later, the U.S. declared war on Germany, largely as a result of Germany’s refusal to stop its submarine attacks.
- Folio Society First Edition No. 1204
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2004
- Quarter Brown Cloth with Printed Paper Sides Hardback, 225 pp
- With contemporary photographs, paintings and prints
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund