The Wit of Oscar Wilde
The selection of Oscar Wilde’s work in this edition are: Hélas!(1881), Essays (Personal Impressions of America (1883), A Handbook to Marriage (1885), The American Invasion (1887), from The Decay of Lying (1889), from The Soul of Man under Socialism (1891), Poem: The Harlot’s House (1885)). The Stories included in this edition are: from The Canterville Ghost (1887), The Selfish Giant (1888), The Nightingale and the Rose (1888), The Remarkable Rocket (1888) and Poem: Silentium Amoris (1881). Also included is an extract from ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray (1890) and a poem: Désespoir (1908). The extracts from Plays included in this edition are: Salomé (1894), Lady Windermeres Fan (1892), A Woman of No Importance (1893), An Ideal Husband (1895), The Importance of Being Ernest (1898) and a poems: To L.L. (1885). At the end of the book are extracts from De Profundis (1897) and from The Ballad of Reading Gaol (1898).
- Folio Society First Impression No. 913
- Publisher The Folio Society, London; 1997
- Illustrated Gold Cloth Hardback, 239 pp
- Contains many black and white illustrations including a portrait of Oscar Wilde
- Illustrated by Ian Archie Beck
- Size 2235 x 145mm, 800g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.