The Wind In The Willows by Kenneth Grahame
Introduction by Alan Bennett. The stories of Ratty, Toad and Badger. “One of the central classics of children’s fiction, was Grahame’s fourth book It began life as a series of bedtime stories told to his son Alastair, known as Mouse the first of these was told on Mouse’s fourth birthday, 12 May 1904, and concerned ‘moles, giraffes & water-rats’, these being the animals the boy had selected for subject Probably the stories continued at intervals over the next three years; certainly a lengthy narrative in which Toad played the principal part (and in which there were no giraffes) had been begun by May 1907. During that month Mouse was on holiday on the South Coast with his governess, Miss Stott, and his father wrote him a series of story-letters The letters, some of which were addressed to ‘Michael Robinson’, Mouse’s pet name for himself, continued every few days until September (there are 15 in all, with one apparently missing from the series); they describe Toad’s adventures much as in the published book, but pay no more that cursory attention to Rat, Mole, and Badger” (The Oxford Companion to Children’s Literature).”
- Folio Society First Edition Fourth Printing No. 809
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1996
- Green Moire Silk Hardback, 206 pp
- With 8 colour plates by James Lynch
- Size 255 x 180mm, 1kg
Condition: Very Good – Slight Fade To Edge Of Slipcase, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.