The Wildest Dreams Of Kew, A Profile Of Nepal by Jeremy Bernstein
A factually and graphically rich rendering of 10 million polyglot Nepalese and their 500-mile-long buffer state landlocked between India and Tibet – an ancient brew of intrepid Sherpa mountain guides and fierce fighting Gurkha tribesmen, of a people who moved from the age of the wheel to the age of the airplane with no stops in between. At the same time, this is the fascinating account of three Western visitors who trek across a leech-ridden countryside up the glazed slopes of Everest and, in the process, discover the social patterns and philosophical insights of another world. “And the wildest dreams of Kew, are the facts of Kathmandu….” Rudyard Kipling
- First Edition
- Publisher, George Allen & Unwin Ltd., London; 1970
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 186 pp
- Contains many b/w and full-colour illustrations
- Size 2340 x 160 mm, 700g
- ISBN 0-04-951018-5
Condition: Very Good – Edgewear to Unclipped Dust Jacket, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.