Wessex Tales Strange Lively and Commonplace by Thomas Hardy
An 1888 collection of tales written by Thomas Hardy. Through them, Hardy talks about nineteenth century marriage, grammar, class status, how men and women were viewed, medical diseases and more. The Wessex Tales contains five stories: The Three Strangers; The Withered Arm; Fellow-Townsmen; Interlopers at the Knap; and The Distracted Preacher all published first in periodicals.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 583
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1987
- Blue Cloth Series Binding Hardback, 200 pp
- Wood-engravings by Peter Reddick.
- Size 225 x 150mm, 750g
Condition: Near Fine – Small Mark On Front Cover, Otherwise Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund