The Wars Of The Roses by Desmond Seward
While most histories focus on the rival kings – Henry VI and Edward IV, Richard III and Henry VII – Seward builds his account around five individuals from both sides, whose eventful careers spanned the wars. They are the Yorkist hero William Hastings, noted for his bravery, personal charm and dissolute private life, the Lancastrian John de Vere, a fine soldier and tactician, Lady Margaret Beaufort, who founded the Tudor dynasty when she gave birth to the future Henry VII at the age of 13; Dr John Morton, who was taken prisoner by the Yorkists after the battle of Tewkesbury and joined their cause and Jane Shore, the mistress of Edward IV, forced to do public penance by walking barefoot through the City of London. Seward uses these five figures to guide us skilfully through the plots, beheadings, dynastic marriages, murders and exiles of these terrible decades and shows how, because of the fragility of the regimes, these difficult choices had to be made again and again. This is an outstanding account, both vivid and intimate, of one of the bloodiest periods in English history.
- Folio Society Unknown Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2
- Black Buckram Hardback, 400 pp
- With 24 pages of colour and b/w plates
- Size 250 x 170mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.