The Victorians by A N Wilson
For sweep of narrative, comprehensive knowledge of its period and sheer entertainment, no other history of Victorian times can match A N Wilson’s epic ‘portrait of an age’. At the young, shy Victoria’s accession to the throne, men like Lord Melbourne and rising stars such as Disraeli and Gladstone had barely started debating the problems of poverty, population growth and parliamentary reform; by her final days, as the Boer War rumbled on in a mad scramble for gold and diamonds, Britain had changed beyond all recognition.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2008
- Green Buckram Hardback, 676 pp
- With colour and black & white plates
- Size 250 x 175mm, 2.2kg
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.