The Thirty-Nine Steps & Greenmantle by John Buchan
The Thirty-Nine Steps –A brilliantly teasing and memorable title, was first published as a serial adventure story in Blackwood’s Magazine from August to September 1915, appearing in book form that same October from the Scots publisher, William Blackwood & Sons, Edinburgh. Richard Hannay tries to prevent Prussian agents from executing a political assassination designed to trigger World War I. The book has never been out of print and has inspired many film and television adaptations. Illustrated by Will Nickless
Greenmantle – The second of five novels by John Buchan featuring the character of Richard Hannay, first published in 1916 by Hodder & Stoughton, London. It is one of two Hannay novels set during the First World War, the other being Mr Standfast (1919); Hannay’s first and best-known adventure, The Thirty-Nine Steps (1915), is set in the period immediately preceding the war. Illustrated by L. B. Black
- The World’s Best Reading Edition
- Publisher Readers Digest Association, London; 1994
- Hardback, 367 pp
- Illustrated as above
- Size 235 x 160mm, 1kg
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.