The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall Anne Bronte Heron Books 1970
1 in stock
The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
The second and final novel by Anne Bronte, it was first published in 1848 under the pseudonym Acton Bell. Probably the most shocking of the Brontes’ novels, it had an instant and phenomenal success. It tells the story of Helen Graham who, in defiance not just of convention but of the law, flees her abusive, alcoholic husband and takes up residence in the titular hall where she supports herself and her son by painting. Women at the time had no legal existence apart from their husbands. Most critics now consider The Tenant of Wildfell Hall to be one of the first feminist novels.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 1970
- Blue Hardback, 389 pp
- Original Illustrations by Anthony Colbert
- Size 205 x 125mm, 650g
Condition: Very Good – Previous Owners Name, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
|Categories||Heron Books, Literary Fiction|