The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert LouisStevenson
First published in 1886 this book and was instrumental in launching the author, Robert Louis Stevenson, to literary fame. But people forget that this novel was written as a “shilling shocker.” Popular during the Victorian era (the mid-1800s to about 1900), shilling shockers were short, graphic, and inexpensive books eagerly consumed by the masses—like those cheap romance novels you find in the supermarket. But the real shocker is that this piece of pulp fiction has remained totally famous and totally respectable. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde has been in continual publication for over 120 years… and shows no signs of falling out of fashion.
- The World’s Best Reading Edition
- Publisher Readers Digest Association, London; 1997
- Hardback, 336 pp
- Illustrations by Joseph Ciardiello
- Size 235 x 160mm, 1kg
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.