The Rise & Fall of a Regency Dandy by T A J Burnett
The Life and Times of Scrope Berdmore Davies. " In 1820, after years of high living, Scrope's luck ran out and he fled to the Continent a broken man, leaving behind one trunk stashed in the vault of Barclay's, his London bankers. It survived there intact, unclaimed and unopened, until 1975. When Barclay's opened it with care and curiosity, they found a literary and cultural gold mine: previously unknown Byron and Shelley manuscripts, letters from Byron and friends, paid and unpaid bills, odds and ends — even a recipe for gooseberry wine — that portray an extraordinary man in an extraordinary period of English history."
- Publisher Little, Brown & Company, Boston; 1981
- Grey/Ivory Hardback, 256 pp
- With 14 b/w illustrations
- Size 215 x 140mm, 800g
- ISBN 0 316 11709 9
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptionms, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund