The Rise and Fall Of The Arab Empire by Rodney Collomb
This book describes the conditions, social, economic and climactic rise and fall of the several culturally fettered Arab empires of the Middle Ages, and the rise of the freer West to pre-eminence. It: describes the expansion of the Arab Empire, a patchwork which tore itself apart when it stopped expanding; explains the role of the West in the downfall of the Arab empire partly due to the rise of European independent religious thought, such freedoms were not allowed within Islam; and shows that within the Empire there was great unity in faith and language, and proves the importance of science and the arts to the empire. It also explains the spiritual and cultural divide between the Arabs and the West, and how they distanced themselves from the West and declined into a dark age; outlines the decline of Arab control on the Eastern trade routes when Westerners discovered the passage round Africa; and demonstrates that for 400 years Muslim Spain was one of the leading industrial, artistic and intellectual cultures in Europe.
- First Impression
- Publisher Spellmount Limited, Stroud; 2006
- Black Cloth Hardback, 218 pp
- With b/w plates
- Size 240 x 160mm, 750g
- ISBN 1 86227 327 8
Condition: Fine â€“ Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.