The Quest For The Northwest Passage
For over 300 years, the dream of a Northwest Passage through the Arctic archipelago was the holy grail of exploration. Countless adventurers vanished amidst its storm-blasted wastes. Those that returned brought harrowing tales of men and ships battling against hopeless odds; of icebergs that loomed like mountains, or pack ice that threatened to seize them in an inescapable grip; of unpredictable tides and strange fogs, mirages and tricks of the compass that bewildered navigators; of fleeting encounters with Inuit hunters – and of cold so fierce that, even in summer, sails and rigging froze solid. It was an impossible task. Yet, even in failure, the heroism and unrelenting fortitude of those who attempted it remains inspiring.
- Folio Society Third Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2014
- Blue Buckram Hardback, 614 pp
- Colour and black and white plates
- Size 250 x 170mm, 2kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.