The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club by CharlesDickens
These books are complete with the 43 original illustrations and 223 additional pictures of originals of characters and places and incidents, curious topical allusions, references and analogies and facsimiles collected and annotated by C. Van Noorden. Together with the original announcement of the work, dedication of the original edition, prefaces, addresses and suppressed notes, etc., reprinted from the "Victoria Edition" with the notes by Charles Plumptre Johnson.
Dickens's first novel, and first masterpiece, was published when he was 25, and is one of the great comic novels in English literature. It is a generous panorama of English life in the 1830s, a cornucopia of stories and vignettes featuring dozens of vividly drawn characters. Chief among them are Mr. Pickwick himself, a latter-day Don Quixote travelling about the country righting wrongs; and his Sancho Panza, Sam Weller, whose pithy sayings and bizarre anecdotes immediately became, and have remained, a part of the national mythology.
- Publisher Chapman and Hall Limited, London; 1909
- Blue Cloth Hardback, Gilt Page Tops, Uncut Page Edges, l,430, xiv,440 pp
- Complete with the 43 original illustrations and 223 additional pictures
- Size 245 x 165mm, 2.7kg
Condition: Good – Dust Jackets Torn at Edges, Light Foxing To Enleaves, No Inscriptions, Good Sound Set
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund