The Poetry of Robert Burns Centenary Edition
Rabbie Burns (25 January 1759 – 21 July 1796), the Bard of Ayrshire, is widely regarded as the national poet of Scotland and is celebrated worldwide. He is the best known of the poets who have written in the Scots language, although much of his writing is also in English and a light Scots dialect, accessible to an audience beyond Scotland. He also wrote in standard English, and in these writings his political or civil commentary is often at its bluntest.
Set of four hardback volumes, known as “The Centenary Burns”. Volume I: xviii, 464pp plus 15pp plates (5 coloured). Volume II: xxiii, (i), 475pp plus 15pp plates (4 coloured, missing 1 ). Volume III: xxiii, (i), 519pp plus 15pp plates (5 coloured). Volume IV: xvii, (i), 348pp, 96pp (Songs of Burns set to music) plus 15pp plates (5 coloured) also includes an index of titles, glossarial index, index of first lines and index of persons and places.
- Publisher The Caxton Publishing Company Limited, London; 1896
- Green Cloth Hardback
- With colour and b/w illustrations
- Size 220 x 150mm, 3.8kg
Condition: Good – Rubbing To Edges, Slight Foxing, Volume II has 1 missing plate, Good Collection
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.