The Pilgrim The Journeys of Pietro Della Valle
Pietro della Valle (1586–1652) was an Italian who travelled throughout Asia during the Renaissance period. His travels took him to the Holy Land, the Middle East, Northern Africa, and as far as India. This is the first substantial translation of Della Valle's VIAGGI, which was written in the form of letters during the early seventeenth century, and only partially published during the author's life. Translated, abridged and introduced by George Bull.
- Folio Society First Edition No. 651
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1989
- Red/Green Cloth Hardback, 303 pp
- Etchings from an Dutch edition of 1664-1665
- Size 230 x 160mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund