The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club by Charles Dickens
Dickens's first novel, and first masterpiece, was published when he was 25, and is one of the great comic novels in English literature. It is a generous panorama of English life in the 1830s, a cornucopia of stories and vignettes featuring dozens of vividly drawn characters. Chief among them are Mr. Pickwick himself, a latter-day Don Quixote travelling about the country righting wrongs; and his Sancho Panza, Sam Weller, whose pithy sayings and bizarre anecdotes immediately became, and have remained, a part of the national mythology.
- Half-Crown Edition
- Publisher Chapman & Hall Ltd., London; 1892
- Navy Blue Hardback with Gilt Titles, 497pp +16pp
- With Forty Three Illustrations by Seymour and Phiz
- Size 200 x 135mm, 850g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, Slight Foxing To Endpapers, Small Owners Stamp, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund