The Pastoral Loves of Daphnis & Chloe
An ancient Greek novel written in the Roman Empire, the only known work of the second-century AD Greek novelist and romance writer Longus. It is set on the Greek isle of Lesbos, where scholars assume the author to have lived. Of the five Greek novels which survive complete, four are without any sort of preface, but the man who wrote the fifth, Daphnis and Chloe, was evidently a highly conscious artist with clear ideas about the purpose of his art, and he has left us a preface explaining them. Translated into English by George Moore.
First impression with a black and white paper panel pasted to each side of the slipcase, these being reduced copies from the book, each different.
- Folio Society First Printing First Impression No. 69
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1954
- Quarter Vellum Over Blue Cloth Boards Hardback, 95 pp
- With superb etchings by Marcel Vertès
- Size 260 x 190mm, 800g
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Edgewear to Slipcase, Book Is a Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.