The Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman
Sketches of Prairie and Rocky Mountain Life. In the summer of 1846, a privileged young Bostonian, Francis Parkman, embarked on a journey that took him thousands of miles beyond the protection of the US cavalry. His route led west along the pioneer trail towards the Rocky Mountains, which thousands of men, women and children would travel to seek their fortunes in the new frontier territories across the Great Plains. Parkman’s brilliant observations capture a defining period in American history. The Oregon Trail is rich in page-turning adventures hunting with a band of Oglala Sioux, evading Crow war-parties as well as colourful descriptions of the buffalo, wolves, snakes and prairie dogs that lived within these immense landscapes.
- Folio Society No. 325 New Edition
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2008
- Quarter Green Cloth Hardback, 326 pp
- Colour and black & white plates
- Size 260 x 180mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.