The Odes of Horace Translated by James Michie
The Odes are a collection in four books of Latin lyric poems by Horace. The Odes cover a range of subjects – Love, Friendship, Wine, Religion, Morality, Patriotism; poems of eulogy addressed to Augustus and his relations; and verses written on a miscellany of subjects and incidents, including the uncertainty of life, the cultivation of tranquillity and contentment. The text is in Latin with English translation and includes the Centennial Hymn with Notes and a Glossary
- Folio Society First Impression No. 597
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1987
- Quarter Black Morroco with Oatmeal Canvas Sides Hardback, 288 pp
- Illustrationd by Elizabeth Frink
- Size 280 x 185mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Near Fine – Fading to Slipcase Otherwise Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.