The Mutiny and Piratical Seizure of HMS Bounty by Sir John Barrow
The first complete and still authoritative account of the Mutiny on the Bounty, written by the Second Secretary of the Admiralty. First published in 1831, this was the first work to tell the full story of the mutiny on H.M.S. Bounty and the subsequent settlement of Pitcairn Island. Endpapers show the route taken by the Bounty just before and after the mutiny covers have painting by Richard Dodd of the moment of the casting away of Bligh and his crew. A most interesting account of the whole affair, compiled from original documents, and including details of the wreck of the “Pandora”, the trial of the mutineers, and the discovery of the descendants of some of the mutineers on Pitcairn Island, etc. The introduction by Roskill contributes useful background.
- Folio Society No. 393 First Issue
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1976
- Blue Cloth with Design in Gold and Blue by Jeff Clements, Hardback, 264 pp
- Illustrated with frontispiece of Captain Bligh and 15 b/w illustrations
- Size 230 x 145mm, 850g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund